PowerPax chiller and detailed Controls strategy reduce energy consumption and costs
Precise Air were contracted to supply and install a new PowerPax low load chiller to improve energy efficiencies in the building and to eliminate failures to the existing larger machines.
The building consists of retail and restaurants on the ground floor, three levels of commercial office space.
The main mechanical plant is located in the Level 4 plant room and a residential tower reaching 50 stories in height.
The PowerPax chiller was selected for its efficiencies and size as available space in the plant room was limited.
On completion of the project, Precise Air has achieved thousands of dollars in savings for the building owner by reducing energy consumption due to the installation of the new low load chiller and the detailed control strategy designed for the building.
The scope of works included:
- High rise upgrade including installation of a new PowerPax low load chiller
- A new mechanical services board was installed adjacent to the existing in the main plant room
- Existing BMCS was upgraded to include the additional chiller and provide greater efficiencies with control strategies during low load periods
- New chilled water and condenser water pumps were installed including new VSD’s and pipe work connecting into the existing
- All upgrades were carried out with a fully tenanted building with no interruptions to the building’s temperature conditions or day to day operations.
- Client Knight Frank
- Date 2014
- Tags Commercial, Hospitality, Retail