James Cook University
Reducing energy and maximising efficiency through BMCS optimisation for zero outlay
Situated in the heart of tropical North Queensland, James Cook University’s mechanical equipment must perform under intense conditions of high humidity and heat.
Precise Air’s Building Performance Optimisation (BPO) team provides a range of services aimed at reducing energy consumption and maximising the efficiency of the facilities’ systems through BMCS, often at little or no cost.
Services include reviewing:
- mechanical specifications and confirming compliance with JCU design guidelines
- controls functional descriptions and confirming compliance with JCU design guidelines
- JCU design guidelines and continuous development
- central energy plants’ performance and tuning controls.
Precise Air’s BPO team constantly review the latest technologies and propose the most suitable technology (BMS, EMS, mechanical, electrical).
Analysis begins with an evaluation of a plants’ performance and the proposal of new control methodologies to optimise plants and reduce energy consumption.
The scope of works includes:
- BMCS review
- Functional, witness, defect testing
- Design compliance and documentation
- Technology assessment and recommendations
- Implementation of controls methodologies
- Upgrades to systems and graphics
- Training site Facility Managers
- Technical support
- Client James Cook University
- Date 2014
- Tags Education, Optimisation