410 Queen St Brisbane NABERS upgrade
Mechanical Services NABERS upgrade
One of Brisbane’s most recognisable buildings, 410 Queen St provides high quality ground floor retail and 14 levels of commercial office space with a net lettable area of 5,800m2.
Precise Air were engaged to provide a new mechanical engineering solution to house two new water cooled chillers (without a steel structure, install cooling towers and a heat recovery unit. This included preparing and implementing an equipment and controls upgrade strategy to maximise energy efficiency and ROI (return on investment) to achieve a target NABERS rating.
Precise Air’s design concept and its implementation not only eliminated the need for a structural steel platform, but also saved our client a substantial sum. Additionally, all upgrades and replacements were carried out within a fully tenanted building with no interruptions to the building’s temperature conditions or day-to-day operations.
The scope of works included:
- high rise upgrade using cranes for rooftop installation
- cooling towers, heat recovery unit and replacing existing chillers with water cooled chillers
- repurposing rooftop plantroom
- upgrading BMCS and controls strategies
- installing energy meters to aid in achieving NABERS rating
- installing VSDs and UVC to all AHUs
- installing new switchboards on each floor and new mechanical services board to main rooftop plantroom
- building fire testing and inspection.
Precise Air’s maintenance team now conducts a quarterly building tuning service to ensure that all NABERS targets continue to be met.
- Client Knight Frank
- Date 2013
- Tags Commercial